Thursday, March 4, 2010

LIQUID TELEVISION & ODDITIES


It's funny when I'm talking to people in my age group and I bring up these shows and no one has a single clue of what I'm talking about. I actually use to watch both of these even though I am very young, I guess that was a cool thing about having an older brother I got to watch a lot of cool stuff when I was young. They started airing in 1991-1992, I was only about 6-7 when I started staying up late with my brother to watch Liquid Television. I aired at about 11pm or Midnight which is HELLA late for some kid. Anyway it was a show with a bunch of shorts; cartoons/shows, that were quite over the top to be show on tv at the time. Most famous shows that came out of Liquid Television are Aeon Flux, Bevis & Butthead, Cartoon Sushi, and The Head.

There's a bunch of clips so just youtube them, here's a list of shorts.

Here are a few, hahaha
I really remember this Bobby and Billy episode




The Oddities came a little later which kinda was like liquid television but less shows; I think there were like 3, but I only remember The Head & The Maxx. This was when we were a little older but quite still young. If you guys don't know who The Maxx is it's based of the comic The Maxx by Sam Kieth.






Here's the promo for The Maxx

No comments: