Wednesday, April 6, 2011

THE BRIDGE: A DOCUMENTARY OF GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE SUICIDES


I've been fully aware since I was in high school about the suicides that occur on the Golden Gate Bridge. One of my friends partners actually tried to take their own lives on the bridge is how I became fully aware of this event that has become common. Although I say common it isn't something that should be taken lightly. The Bridge was actually featured on Hulu Movies and I watched it on one of the nights I couldn't sleep.

Lots of quite quick disturbing footage of people pacing and jumping off of the bridge with commentary from friends, family, and unexpected spectators that were there to bask in the beauty of the bridge. After watching it I decided to look up a few things on the film; there has been some controversy with the film makers and city officials who gave permits to shoot footage. Noted from an article, the film was suppose to be about the bridge's legacy but as they started filming they caught more than they wanted, people taking their lives on the bridge and this soon shifted the storyline of their film.

I believe it's still up on hulu you can check it out here The Bridge.

No comments: