Sunday, February 24, 2008

One Great Saturday 022308

Early rise and shine, well it was really sunny starting the day off in LA. Spent the night in LA since I was attending an informational seminar for a Vet. School I plan on applying to. The school that I'm looking into is Ross University. There were very few people who attended since the location of the school is pretty outrageous. But as I read the informational packet, I guess you can say I was finally re-inspired to keep going on with this goal of mine.



One quote taken from a letter written by the President of the school stated, "Don't give up your dreams lightly. Being called 'Dr.' for the first time is worth every bit of sacrifice. Pursuing a career in veterinary medicine is a life altering choice. If you are this far-if you are holding this piece of paper in your hands-it means you have already gone further than most people ever imagine.

The high intimidation of applying is due to that 10% acceptance rate. It's not easier to get into Ross, but at least if you are denied they give you options and let you know WHY you have not been accepted.

Majority of the AVM schools only accept about 110-120 applicants while Oregon State surprisingly only accepts about 60 of their Vet. applicants. None of this matters to me even if Advisers say I fall short of what is expected, I'm still applying to every where and any where because you never know.

The campus is located on St. Kitts on the eastern portion of the Caribbean.



The thought at first of moving to an island was "shit I'll get bored," thinking of everything open in Southern California, you guys are mad spoiled! I guess that's why many people who grew up here don't leave but anyway. Although it is island life I would really help me focus on schooling.

And this is next to the coast line.


The program on their campus is 28 straight months of schooling. Which would be about 7 semesters. The way this works is that semesters 1-7 are pre-clinical study, while semesters 8-10 they send us back to the states to Vet. schools of our choices.

From there we should graudate for our vet/doctorate degree. But to have a practicing license there are still a number of test we must take and one of them is at the insane cost of 7Gs!! This is the ECFVG (Educational commission for foreign vet. graudates) This is for those who graudate over seas and want to practice in the United States. Insane right?

But that was that, their presentation was great and I learned a lot. & I got this little guy at the seminar, stress monkey.


Got back to my brothers and tried to do some homework but got myself addicted to the HBO show "Six feet Under." This show is morbid as shit but it's really dope.


Ended up falling asleep on my book when I tried to study ahahaha

then I headed back to Pomona to get Jerome and we were off to Heat @ UCR.

Despite the rain, I thought it was fun as shit to go to a festival in the rain, especially with my good 'ol buddy Vien from Stockton who attends UCR. His friends are my friends and mine are his, it's always fun to bring groups of friends together, those that don't work are obviously WACK! But got to chill with them and some CAL POLY SLO folks so it was dope, we all drank and to be safe, we decided to take the 10-15 minute walk in the rain with about 15 people lol to the campus. Once we got their we all ended up splitting since the crowd was massive and everyone wanted to either post where they were or try to get to the front of stages. I ended with this crazy but cool dude Erik LOL we stayed a little for mos def then peaced to another stage since we've already seen him in the past.







On the stage we were at we got to see the dopeness of Girl Talk






& ended the night with the Clipse.



They played the same time as 311 who were on another stage. It's ok though I got to see them a few years back.

Once it was all over Jerome was lost and drunk LOL but it was all fun and a few of us hitched a ride back to Vien's and me and Jerome got back to our places and crashed what a long day.

No comments: